SHEFFIELD LAKE — A neighbor walking a dog noticed that the home at 255 Thelma Drive was on fire at 10:40 a.m. Monday and called 911.
Firefighters who extinguished the blaze found a bedroom of the single-story house was on fire, Fire Chief Tim Card said.
No residents were in the home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. Only a dog was on the property, but it was outside during the incident.
Heavy fire damage was confined in the bedroom, Card said, but smoke damage was in all parts of the house. Residents of the house were renters and the landlord arrived on the scene.
Firefighters received mutual aid from Avon, Avon Lake, Lorain, Elyria and Sheffield fire departments.