SOUTH AMHERST — A fire broke out at a residence on Annis Road about 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The fire started in the garage and partially spread to the house, specifically the kitchen, before it was reportedly extinguished at 6:51 p.m.
The two occupants in the home were able to get out of the house, and no injuries were reported. Both refused medical treatment. The fire is under investigation, but officials say it appears to be accidental.
South Amherst firefighters arrived within 10 minutes and requested aid from fire departments in Amherst, Oberlin, Elyria and Florence townships.