ELYRIA — Two men accused of leaving a woman to die from a fatal overdose in a field have been indicted.
Gregory Ralston, 27, of Lorain, is charged with corrupting another with drugs, reckless homicide, tampering with evidence and two counts of trafficking in drugs, while Anthony Barker, 24, of Elyria, is charged with reckless homicide and tampering with evidence.
A third man, Christopher Williams Jr., 21, of Lorain, also is facing a reckless homicide charge, which is still pending in Elyria Municipal Court. Lorain County Prosecutor Dennis Will said the case remains under investigation.
Elyria police have said that they all were at Barker’s Raleigh Drive home on April 11 when 29-year-old Naomi Caulfield overdosed on drugs.
Chief Deputy County Coroner Frank Miller said the powerful painkiller fentanyl was found in Caulfield’s system.
The three men then allegedly loaded Caulfield, a mother of four, into the back of a 2009 Ford Escape and drover her to an isolated area off Old Fowl Road and left her near the tree line.
“She was alive when she was put in the field,” Miller said.
On April 12 a woman out walking her dog discovered Caulfield’s body and asked a nearby neighbor to call 911.
Police traced Caulfield’s whereabouts back to Barker’s home and determined who she was with before her death.
Barker and Ralston later told detectives that when they left Caulfield she was unconscious but breathing and had a pulse. None of those involved tried to seek medical help for Caulfield.
The pair also told police that they noticed that Caulfield’s sweatshirt and shoes were still in the SUV and threw those items away to keep from being linked to her death.
Barker and Ralston, who are free on bond, are scheduled to be arraigned next week.
Williams, who is being held in Lorain County Jail, is supposed to appear in Elyria Municipal Court for a preliminary hearing next week.
- Man pleads guilty to dumping overdosing woman in field
- Fatal opioid overdoses expected to exceed last year in Lorain County
- Second man sentenced for role in woman's overdose death
- Reckless homicide charge dropped in body dumping; case headed to grand jury
- Several not guilty pleas made in high-profile cases
- Elyria man pleads guilty in Old Fowl Road fatal overdose
- Marshals arrest third person wanted in Caulfield death
- Police identify third suspect in woman's death
- Grand jury takes case of men accused of dumping woman on Old Fowl Road
- Two charged with homicide in dumped body case; third suspect sought
- UPDATED: Sister said woman was missing for week
- Woman's body found on outskirts of Elyria
- Dog walker finds body; police, coroner investigating