U.S. Marshals have captured fugitive Devante Gibbs, who skipped out right before a jury found him guilty of rape, kidnapping, child endangering and felonious assault.
According to Capt. Rick Thomas of the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office, Gibbs was found in California, at or near a relative’s residence.
Thomas said no further information will be given out until Monday.
Gibbs had last been seen Feb. 10 smoking a cigarette outside the Lorain County Common Pleas court as the jury was deliberating.
A judge waited about a half hour after the jury had come to its decision before he revoked Gibbs’ bond and issued a warrant for his arrest.
- Rapist fugitive back in Ohio
- Rapist sentenced to life in prison
- Gibbs apprehended after struggle in California; awaits extradition to Ohio
- Fugitive Gibbs won't fight extradition to Ohio
- Marshals offer reward for capture of fugitive Gibbs
- Man convicted of rape skips out before jury decision
- Child rape suspect takes stand
- Child rape trial begins