Within the smaller communities of Lorain County, the majority of the top 10 paid employees consist of police and fire personnel.
Overtime often adds to that total.
“Overtime mostly occurs due to lack of coverage by other employees,” LaGrange Fiscal Officer Kimberly Fallon said.
For instance, a department may contain one full-time and one part-time employee, but if the part-time employee goes on vacation, the full-time employee would fill in extra hours when and where needed, she said.
As for the LaGrange Police Department, there was a recent resignation and the chief has not yet filled the position.
“Overtime is kept to a minimum with comp time being available to all full-time employees except the Police Department,” Fallon said.
In Grafton, it’s much the same, said Clerk-Treasurer Amy Barnhart.
“In all departments, any overtime is due to staffing, special events in the village, meetings and emergencies,” Barnhart said.
LaGrange highest paid
- Walt Sukey, administrator, $67,329.60
- Chad Duensing, police chief, $58,718.40
- Wayne Ramsey, police sergeant, $50,107.20
- Mike Savetski, police sergeant, $49,296
- Mark Turner, police patrolman, $43,659.20
- Mark Laubenthal, police patrolman, $43,659.20
- Chris Repak, police patrolman, $42,931.20
- William Letterly, maintenance supervisor, $39,436.80
- Robert Hulec, wastewater plant supervisor, $38,105.60
- Sherrie Gall, office manager, $31,761.60
Grafton highest paid
- Danny Clark, police chief, $58,724.24
- Greg Kendle, service department superintendent, $58,675
- Joe Price, village administrator, $55,228.80
- Ben Palazzi, electric lead lineman, $52,035.34
- Chad Riffle, wastewater treatment plant manager, $51,175.32
- Amy Barnhart, clerk-treasurer, $48,372.80
- Ken Jake, police sergeant, $48,132.50
- Dan Janik, police patrolman, $45,608.37
- Scott Kilgore, police patrolman, $44,247.13
- Tom Rice, wastewater treatment plant operator, $38,672.50
- North Ridgeville's top earners for 2016
- Finance manager, interim manager is Oberlin's highest-paid
- Interim manager is Wellington's highest-paid for 2016
- Police top earners in Vermilion, Amherst
- Mayor remains highest-paid in Avon
- In Elyria, police among top-paid city employees
- Cash-ins boost salaries of top-paid Lorain County workers