LORAIN — The mother and sister of a man sought in connection with a murder were arrested on obstruction of justice charges after police obtained video of the women picking him up from the hospital.
PROVIDED PHOTO Enlarge
Abline Cannon, who is the U.S. Marshals Service’s local fugitive of the week, is wanted in connection with the slaying of David Barreiro, 23, of Lorain.
Barreiro was found dead Dec. 10 inside an apartment on Shore Drive after police received 911 calls of loud banging and gunshots.
Cannon, 37, had arrived at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center with a gunshot to his right arm, according to a police report. Cannon was then transported to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland for further treatment.
Police said Friday that they have video of Cannon’s mother, Machelle Browner, and sister, Marcia King, picking Cannon up from the hospital and driving away.
PHOTO PROVIDED Enlarge
Browner, 55, was booked Monday at Lorain County Jail, where she remained Friday. King, 31, also was booked Monday but released Thursday.
Cannon is on parole stemming from a drug trafficking conviction from 2012 in Cuyahoga County. He served about a year in prison and was released July 2013. He has several other drug cases dating back to 1998.
Police have not released more details as to how the murder occurred, citing an open investigation.
Anyone with information about Cannon’s whereabouts should call the U.S. Marshals’ tip line at (866) 492-6833.
- 8. Violent summer in Lorain
- Lorain homicide suspect makes task force's most wanted list
- Lorain homicide suspect Cannon arrested in Kent
- Cannon pleads not guilty to Lorain murder at arraignment
- Trial begins for Abline Cannon in Lorain homicide
- Tempers flare as murder victim's family leaps over railing to attack defendant (VIDEO)
- Prosecution, defense try to make case about murder suspect's location
- Lorain murder defendant: man shot me, killed resident
- Albine Cannon's fate in jury's hands in murder trial
- Still no verdict in murder trial
- Abline Cannon found guilty of Lorain murder (UPDATED)
- Abline Cannon will serve at least 40 years before possibility of parole (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Police seek man in connection with fatal home invasion
- Twin brother: Lorain murder victim 'was loved'