LORAIN — A home invasion turned fatal early Saturday morning and police are looking for a 37-year-old man wanted in connection with the homicide.
Just before 3 a.m. Saturday, Lorain police responded to 4160 Shore Drive, Apt. 12 after receiving 911 calls of loud banging and gun shots.
When officers arrived, they found David Barriero, 23, dead inside the apartment.
Police are looking for Abline Cannon in connection with the homicide.
Cannon had arrived at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center with a gunshot to his right arm, according to police reports. Cannon was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland for further treatment.
Police said he walked away from the hospital against medical advice.
Police said the public should consider Cannon armed and dangerous and to contact local police with information pertaining to his whereabouts.
Citizens may call (866) 492-6833, the United States Marshall’s tip line with information on Cannon’s whereabouts.
Cannon is on parole stemming from a drug trafficking conviction from 2012 in Cuyahoga County. He served about a year in prison and was released July 2013. He has several other drug cases dating back to 1998.
- Lorain murder defendant: man shot me, killed resident
- Prosecution, defense try to make case about murder suspect's location
- Tempers flare as murder victim's family leaps over railing to attack defendant (VIDEO)
- Albine Cannon's fate in jury's hands in murder trial
- Abline Cannon will serve at least 40 years before possibility of parole (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Abline Cannon found guilty of Lorain murder (UPDATED)
- Still no verdict in murder trial
- Lorain homicide suspect makes task force's most wanted list
- 8. Violent summer in Lorain
- 2 arrested in Lorain murder investigation
- Lorain homicide suspect Cannon arrested in Kent
- Trial begins for Abline Cannon in Lorain homicide
- Attorney files to withdraw from case
- Cannon pleads not guilty to Lorain murder at arraignment
- Twin brother: Lorain murder victim 'was loved'