PITTSFIELD TWP.—– The Lorain County Sheriff’s Office has completed its investigation into an October incident in which two toddlers fell into a swimming pool while at a home day care and one died.
Detective David Lottman said in a release Monday that the investigation is now in the hands of the Lorain County Prosecutor’s Office.
The toddlers, cousins, were at a home day care on West Road when they ended up in the pool. Annie Flynn, 22 months old, was pronounced dead after rescue efforts were administered. Jaxon Flynn, 23 months old, recently was released from Rainbow Children’s Hospital in Cleveland after a months stay and is at home.
“(He) is improving daily and is expected to make a full recovery,” Lottman said in the release.
A spaghetti dinner Sunday was held to benefit both families.
- Trial begins for baby sitter charged in child's death
- 'An unhappy day for everyone': Elizabeth Zenda gets four years in prison in Pittsfield Township drowning (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Babysitter charged in toddler's Pittsfield Township drowning
- Zenda pleads not guilty in Pittsfield Township death of toddler in her care
- Benefit dinner scheduled Sunday for families of pool accident victims
- UPDATED: One toddler dead, another hospitalized after Pittsfield pool accident
- Coroner identifies drowned toddler