The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is now accepting 2012 Healthy Ohio Breastfeeding Friendly Awards to acknowledge workplaces that provide an exemplary support program and environment for customers and employees.
This award program has two distinct awards:
- Part 1 recognizes breastfeeding friendly employers that support their employees by “establishing and maintaining comprehensive, high-quality lactation support programs for their employees and working toward establishing paid maternity leave for all employed mothers.”
- Part 2 recognizes breastfeeding friendly businesses that create a supportive environment for their clients or customers who wish to breastfeed onsite.
Visit www.healthyohioprogram.org for more information regarding the 2012 Healthy Ohio Breastfeeding Frendly Awards. Click the below attachment for more the complete application.
Whether you’re a grandfather, an aunt, a neighbor or a soon-to-be mother, there are 5 things everyone should know about breastfeeding.
1. Breastfeeding gives baby a healthy start: Protects against SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), Strengthens baby’s immune system, Baby has a higher IQ, and Protects against obesity later in life.
2. Breastfeeding protects mother from breast cancer: The longer mother breastfeeds and the more breastfed babies she has, the better protected she is from breast cancer.
3. Families save money: Breastfeeding saves $1,250 a year compared to formula-feeding families.
4. Communities benefit from breastfeeding: When babies are breastfed, both mother and baby are healthier throughout their lives. This translates to lower health care costs and reduces costs spent by families and employers, as well as the community and government medical programs.
5. Good for the environment: Breastfeeding uses none of the tin, paper, plastic, or energy used for preparing, packaging, and transporting formula