MIND

"Winter Blues" Might Be Something More Serious

The arrival of the New Year brings with it many things besides just a turn of the calendar. A time for reflection, resolutions and looking forward, the New Year represents a clean slate, one many will welcome after a rather tumultuous 2009.

Another image the New Year invokes is that of winter weather, replete with its short days and snowstorms. While the official arrival of winter is 10 days before the turn of the calendar, for many the unofficial start of the coldest season is when the holiday season ends and the new calendar year begins.
» Read More

Easy Ways to Ensure a More Restful Night's Sleep

Though many are aware it's one of life's necessities, a good night's sleep is still widely considered a luxury. Despite the knowledge that a good night's sleep is beneficial in many ways, affecting not only mood but physical health as well, it's still quite possibly the one necessity of life that people routinely sacrifice.

Consider doing the same with other necessities, such as food and shelter, and the willingness of many people to forgo sufficient regular rest seems wholly irresponsible. Most people would not go a day or a week without eating, yet it's common to go a night or week or even longer without once getting a good night's rest.
» Read More

Ward Off the Workday Doldrums

In a 2005 online worker productivity survey conducted by Microsoft®, American respondents who worked an average of 45 hours per week considered 16 of those hours to be unproductive. While 61 percent of those respondents related their productivity directly to their software, that still leaves 39 percent of workers who consider more than one-third of their work week to be unproductive.
» Read More

Improving the Lives of a Universal Clientele
Skin Care Line Caters to Cancer Patients' Unique Needs

Unique skincare formulas throughout the ages have relieved many conditions at specific times of life. One routinely unmet need, however, has been that of individuals undergoing cancer treatment -- until now.

Hair loss and digestive ailments are well known side effects of chemotherapy and radiation, while intense skin rashes and burns are much more common, but lesser known side effects. Those experiencing these debilitating ailments have remained undercover in oncologist offices, cancer centers, support groups, and at home.
» Read More

Easy Ways to Ensure a More Restful Night's Sleep

Though many are aware it's one of life's necessities, a good night's sleep is still widely considered a luxury. Despite the knowledge that a good night's sleep is beneficial in many ways, affecting not only mood but physical health as well, it's still quite possibly the one necessity of life that people routinely sacrifice.
» Read More

Handling the Stress of Being a Student

In light of the country's economic downturn, few topics are as prevalent as stress. In the course of the last year, many families have suffered the loss of their income, and many more have even lost their homes.
» Read More

Home Fitness Health Kids Mind Site Map Advertisers