Bailouts Abound for Beauties, Too
* Look for multi-purpose products or those with unexpected benefits. Items that feature two key benefits --such as a moisturizer with tint and sunscreen -- can be less expensive than buying separate products, and will save you another commodity: time. Makeup artist Petra Strand's Pixi by Petra collection offers skin-beneficial ingredients and face-awakening color in every product so women can soothe their skin and freshen up their look in one step.
* Choose a few bright, of-the-moment colors to give your look an update. Former model Jemma Kidd offers high-intensity eyeshadow shades within her JK Jemma Kidd collection. Prefer a classic red? Then go for a product with staying power like L'Oreal Paris Infallible™ Never Fail Lipcolour in Target Red for flashy long wear. Even when paired with last season's dress, you'll look au courant!
* Be smart about choosing colors. Avoid wasted money and the wrong shades with a handpicked palette that really makes sense for your skin tone and style. The NP Set palettes by Napoleon Perdis have step-by-step instructions built into the case so no color goes unused. A makeup lesson by a celebrity makeup artist and smooth, satiny colors perfect for you for just $29? Now that's a beauty bargain.
* Take Stock. Keep your cosmetics organized so you know what you have and don't buy what you don't need. Rely on the Contents Yellow Bee cosmetic train case made from recycled cotton available exclusively at Target to make storing your beauty essentials easy, chic and eco-friendly.
* At-home spa. Skip the spa day price tag and gather some skin-soothing items to lift your spirits right at home. Detox in your tub with Soap & Glory I Foam, an ultra-creamy body wash with orange and grapeseed oils to soothe your body and soul.
* Protect the beauty investments you make. Are you a fan of salon hair coloring services? Choose products that will help your color last longer and protect your hair from damage. Color- and heat-protectant shampoos and stylers cost less than a single process haircolor service. Two to try: Umberto Beverly Hills and Ted Gibson.
* Each hairstylist was once a student. Find a reputable training program in your area and request a student cut. They're usually free or low-cost.
* Shop smart to save. Find quality beauty products for less at the same places you buy your fashion must-haves, groceries and electronics. Target, for instance, continues to bring beauty mavens everywhere the best brands from around the globe for less. For more information, or to shop online, log on to www.target.com.